I am a guy who loves traveling, meditation, and business. I am an entrepreneur, and I am incredibly interested in self-progression.
I write about practical ideas to achieve worthy ideals. Included within my writing are stories, self-experiments, and interviews with other Practical Idealists who are fulfilling their ambitions.
I’ve included a few things below to help you better know who I am and why I’m here…
What are Your Personal Ideals?
Like so many of you, I’m working to make the world a better place than what it was when I arrived.
I believe that in order to do so, we must make the best use of our potential and continually progress as a human beings—growing, learning and loving.
Part of becoming is deciding the kind of person we want to be.
In determining my personal ideals, I’ve tried to answer these questions:
- Who exactly do you want to be?
- What kind of person do you want to be?
- What are your personal ideals?
- Whom do you admire? And what are their special traits that you would make your own?
The idea is that by clearly defining the person we want to become, and the kind of impact we hope to have, we stop being vague and move closer to becoming the person we envision ourselves becoming.
My personal ideals are the qualities, characteristics, and traits which I feel, if adopted, will push me closest to my goal of maximizing my contribution to others and being a good human being.
Here they are…
1. Mastery of the Mind (Focus, Honesty, Mindfulness)
- Extraordinary ability to focus
- Intellectual integrity & 100% honesty with self
- Live in the present moment
- Positive mental attitude
2. Love for Life & Learning (Learn, Love, Appreciation)
- Deep desire to learn & progress as a human being
- Intellectual curiosity
- Love for fellow beings, inspire others, & respect for all life
- Relish each moment (ie. tomorrow is never promised today)
3. Self-Reliance (Authenticity, Ownership, Confidence)
- Authenticity and self-awareness
- Flexibility in achieving ideals
- Own my own efforts (ie. business ownership)
- Ultimate confidence in self
Want to create your own list of personal ideals?
Try this quick exercise.
11 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Me
Here’s a few fun facts that you may not have known about me…
- I once signed autographs as Jaleel White (aka Steve Urkel) at a major mall in Texas
- I’ve written my Life List which includes visiting 75+ countries, BASEjumping with a wingsuit, and making love in view of the Eiffel Tower…
- I can’t remember peoples’ birthdays to save my life. Not my Dad’s or Mom’s. Not my sister’s. Not my best friends’. I’ve actually forgotten my own birthday before. It’s some form of mental impairment. Seriously.
- I was the founder of a startup named InterviewMeLive which aimed at conducting live online interviews between students and employers for post-graduate and internship positions. We utilized video resumes and pre-recorded interviews to give employers a more well-formed perspective of each candidate.
- I don’t know how it happens, but I regularly get into dance-offs in the middle of a club where I do Michael Jackson moves and The Robot. I really can’t dance like that, but somehow I usually win..?!
- I played college basketball for 1 year as a point guard and played 3 years of varsity basketball in high school. I stopped playing after my freshman year in college, but the story for how I quit is “legendary” according to my teammates.
- I started a clothing company with my sister called Un Zebre Clothing. I no longer have any professional affiliation with the company, but my sister continues to design clothing and run the company successfully, selling exclusive t-shirts and accessories nationwide.
- I’ve watched The Matrix over 47 times. Nope, that’s not an exaggeration either. I just stopped counting after 47…
- While studying for the LSAT after I graduated college, I started a web site to write college papers for students so I wouldn’t have to work, earning up to $1K per week. I closed it down very soon after it became successful because I decided I didn’t want to earn money that way.
- I was a nationally-recognized debater in college, earning a collegiate scholarship for debate and winning 1st place at one of the country’s preeminent public debate tournaments in my third tournament appearance.
- My favorite musical artists of all-time are Jay-Z, Lauryn Hill, Bob Marley and Marvin Gaye.